WINSTON CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Our mission at the R.L Winston Rod Company is to be the leader among all fly rod companies in Quality, Performance, and Customer Service. Each Winston rod represents excellent value, providing customers with more than they expect, at every touch point.
Located in Twin Bridges, the heart of Montana’s best fly fishing waters, we are here not to just sell fly rods, but to inspire the love of fly fishing as well.
The single greatest asset at Winston is the integrity and commitment of our employees. We believe that excellence comes through teamwork, loyalty, and the confidence that we are limited only by the boundaries of our imagination and desire. When you join the Winston team, you can take pride in building the finest fly fishing rods in the world. Our best work is yet to come.
R.L.WINSTON ROD COMPANY BENEFITS
- Competitive wages
- Health Insurance Program
- 401k Program
- 10 paid Holidays plus 10 Vacation days per year after probationary period
- Significant discounts on Winston fly rods and Bauer fly reels
- Opportunity to learn how to fly fish
- Clean, comfortable and fun working environment
- Fun events throughout the year
Customer Service & Marketing
Winston Rods and Bauer Fly Reels are looking for an energetic outgoing individual for our customer service and marketing department. As the first point of contact with our customers, we’re looking for a knowledgeable and passionate fly fisher with excellent communication skills. In addition to outstanding customer service experience, the ideal candidate will have the ability to help coordinate our marketing programs and share our enthusiasm for our brands.
- Serving Winston/Bauer customers and dealers
- Order processing, order entry, order follow-up
- Answering the phones and email for Winston and Bauer
- Giving tours of our manufacturing facility
- Management of critical internal sales and marketing programs
- Coordinating marketing programs and budgets
- Management of our pro staff industry professional sales programs
- Assist with social media, email campaigns, and printed material production
- Making rod/reel recommendations to customers
- Inventory and upkeep of showroom/museum
- Casting/explaining Winston/Bauer products to visitors and phone customers
- Fly fishing experience and product knowledge
- Superior people and communication skills
- Excellent computer, organizational, and writing skills
- Ability to analyze sales data and make recommendations to management on future programs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Detailed knowledge of Winston and Bauer products
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to always present a positive and professional attitude even in negative situations
- Knowledge of social media/digital marketing
- Experience in photoshop or design software preferred
We are always excited to find qualified employees to join the rod production team at our facility in Twin Bridges. These are full time positions, Monday through Friday, and entail working in the departments / processes involved in fly rod production.
- Maintain Winston’s high quality standards
- Meet or exceed production goals
- A team player and self-starter
- Comprehensive job and product knowledge after initial on-the-job training
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and suggest process improvements when appropriate
The successful candidate should be detail orientated, a quick learner and excited to become a Winston craftsman.
OTHER CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
If you are interested in other job opportunities at Winston, you are welcome to submit a resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org