WINSTON CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Employment at R.L. Winston Rod Co. & Bauer Fly Reels
At Winston & Bauer, we refuse to compromise on quality and performance, and have a true passion for doing things the right way. Since 1929, Winston has made not only immaculate fly rods, but – most importantly – rods with effortless power and intuitive feel that’s best described as “soul.” Our company’s history isn’t just marked by dates, but by innovations. For over 90 years, Winston has been responsible for some of the most groundbreaking advances in fly rod performance and we are committed to remaining an industry leader. For the past 45 years, our rod shop has been in Twin Bridges, MT – minutes away from the hallowed waters of the Ruby, Beaverhead, Big Hole, and Jefferson Rivers. Bauer Fly Reels has also been headquartered in Twin Bridges since 2016 and shares the philosophy of innovation and prioritizing performance. Our environment and small-town culture are the foundation of our authenticity, integrity, and resourcefulness. We’re a small-town company doing big things on the world fly-fishing stage.
The Financial Controller is responsible for maintaining complete and accurate financial records for the Company and personnel. This person manages the daily accounting for the Company including, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank deposits and reconciliation, commission payments, excise tax payments, and managing employee timecards and benefits. The Financial Controller position requires strict confidence with company & employee information and will strive to maintain an inclusive, safe, and positive workplace.
The priorities of this role may shift with the current focus of the company and are subject to change.
Outcomes of this role include:
- Accurate and complete Financial Records
- Accurate and complete tracking and timely payment of accounts payable
- Accurate and complete tracking of accounts receivable
- Timely collection of accounts receivable
- Bank deposits and regular account reconciliation
- Calculating and processing commission payments
- Calculating and processing excise tax payments
- Reporting on payroll hours for processing in an accurate and timely manner
- Ongoing management of employee benefit programs
- Continually review and improve processes leading to more efficient workflow
- Appropriate Internal Controls designed and maintained to protect assets
- Maintain employee records and company information with strict confidentiality
- Manage employee relations, benefits, payroll, and training in compliance with local and federal law
- Strict confidentiality regarding all aspects of the company including, but not limited to, financials, payroll, and human resources
- Complete understanding and ownership of the Company’s accounting processes and procedures
- Preparing accurate and timely reports and financial statements
- Weekly reporting on sales, inventory valuation, and financial metrics
- Bank account reconciliation
- Driving the monthly/yearly financial closing process
- Tracking budget expenses
- Accurate and timely commission & excise tax calculations and payments
- Assist in the preparation of annual audit reports
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets
- Compiles various reports on business segments for management analysis
- Oversees product costing, margins, and raw material / finished goods inventory targets
- Integrate and troubleshoot new technology and processes as the company progresses
- Ongoing management of, and point of contact for, employee benefit plans
- Oversight of employee timecards and payroll reporting
- Assist management team in employee relations including, but not limited to, employee growth plans, conflict resolution, and disciplinary procedures
- Prioritizes supporting an inclusive, safe, and positive workplace
- Must possess a team oriented, process-driven attitude and a mindset of continual improvement
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of five years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and principles
- Expertise with general ledger functions and month/year-end closing process
- Experience in a manufacturing organization
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Advanced QuickBooks skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com.
DEALER AND CUSTOMER SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE
The Dealer and Customer Service Representative is the company’s face and voice for its dealers and customers. This person is the first point of contact between our company and its domestic dealers, international dealers/distributors, and customers, and is responsible for prompt communication through excellent verbal, written, and electronic communication channels. As a key member of the sales team, they also play an important role in making, tracking, and recording sales according to the sales targets established by the Sales Manager.
This role may be assigned additional duties that assist the company in achieving its goals. This role will strive to help strengthen sales and relationships of the company and help dealers achieve sell through by applying best practices and maintaining the highest-level of service and communication.
- Promote the organization and its products in an accurate, helpful, and friendly manner.
- 1st on the phone for all incoming dealer calls
- 1st on the phone for all incoming consumer calls
- 1st point of contact on firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org incoming email.
- Provides Factory tours for visitors.
- Builds, maintains, and continually improves relationships with sales representatives, dealers, pro team and consumers.
- Provides same-day or better response time to incoming communication from dealers and representatives.
- Performs monthly sales calls to dealers as directed by the Sales Manager.
- Inputs, tracks, and organizes all Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) for dealers and reps.
- Inputs new dealer information on QuickBooks and the appropriate Winston/Bauer website.
- Ensures all wholesale orders are processed promptly, accurately, and efficiently.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and communicates dealer orders with the Shipping Lead to achieve and exceed monthly sales targets as set forth by the Sales Manager.
- Effectively communicates delivery timelines to dealers.
- Helps Sales Manager build and write copy for company email and press release communications with Representatives, Dealers, and Pros regarding important news, initiatives, and promotions.
- Has a clear understanding of Winston’s manufacturing processes to communicate lead times and to effectively prioritize product for key accounts and customers.
- Develops strategies to process, prioritize, and stage fill in orders and preseason shipments.
- Aids Sales Manager in Development of new Preseason Terms and Pricing Programs.
- Makes any preseason adjustments as submitted by dealers and representatives, and, if necessary, records any dealer price/invoice level changes because of the dealer’s preseason adjustment.
- Manages all international orders and organizes clear communication of order receipt, invoicing, and shipping with international accounts.
- Communicates shipment delays and backorder status with sales representatives and dealers.
- Ensures all wholesale customers receive order, invoice, and tracking confirmations as needed.
- Enters all Winston & Bauer independent representative sample, promo, and at-once orders.
- Tracks and communicates promo balance on all representative promotional orders.
- Enters POP (Point of Purchase) orders for new dealers (signs, stickers, catalogs).
Reporting & Projects
- Develops and maintains a database that shares key information (sales, customer concerns, opportunities) with the sales teams regarding the monthly sales calls to dealers
- Provides Sales Manager with Rep and Customer Service Promotional account spend
- Works directly with Sales Manager to cleanly develop and maintain a monthly sales book to clearly plan and execute sales.
- Maintains and tracks Early Order Report on all submitted preseason orders
- Develops Pro promotion calendar for sales, involvement, and inclusion
- Assistance with Social Media posting, scheduling, reporting
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com.
We are always excited to find qualified employees to join the rod production team at our facility in Twin Bridges. These are full time positions, Monday through Friday, and entail working in the departments / processes involved in fly rod production.
- Maintain Winston’s high quality standards
- Meet or exceed production goals
- A team player and self-starter
- Comprehensive job and product knowledge after initial on-the-job training
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and suggest process improvements when appropriate
- Competitive wages
- Health Insurance
- 401(k) program
- 10 paid holidays per year
- 10 paid vacation days per year
- Significant discounts on Winston fly rods and Bauer fly reels
- Opportunity for other outdoor industry discounts
- Opportunity to represent the company at fly-fishing and outdoor shows
- Live and work in SW Montana – surrounded by world-class fly fishing and recreational opportunities
- Fun events throughout the year
The successful candidate should be detail orientated, a quick learner and excited to become a Winston craftsman.
OTHER CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
If you are interested in other job opportunities at Winston, you are welcome to submit a resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org